Elden Band Ranni quest
is one of the most important in the game, since it unlocks a specific ending, but as well takes yous to some of the most undercover locations in the Lands Between. It'll even see you fight a few otherwise hidden bosses. That said, it's a surprisingly like shooting fish in a barrel quest to miss if you're just beelining straight through the game towards Leyndell.
Even if you lot manage to start it, there are a few particularly tricky steps that can easily throw you off, or just go far pretty unclear what y'all actually demand to do next. But it's a shame to miss this one, especially as information technology reveals a slap-up deal of the game'due south lore and too ties into some other ending-related characters, as with Fia's quest
(opens in new tab).
You'll outset encounter Ranni when she gives y'all the Spirit Calling Bell
(opens in new tab), though she'll call herself Renna during this meet. She claims you'll never see her over again, only if you head to Ranni'southward Rise in Liurnia (accessible through Caria Manor), y'all'll be able to get-go the quest. In this Elden Band Ranni quest guide, I'll walk you through every footstep and so you tin catch that earth-shaking Night Moon Greatsword
(opens in new tab).
This walkthrough contains a good deal of story spoilers in relation to secret locations and Ranni, so avoid if you want to experience that stuff yourself.
Elden Ring Ranni quest summary
Below is a wide summary of the key steps to Ranni's quest, only lower down we'll explain in more than item:
- See Ranni in Ranni'southward Rise at Caria Manor, Liurnia.
- Meet Blaidd in Siofra River.
- Talk to Seluvis to get his letter of the alphabet of introduction for Sorceress Sellen.
- Talk to Sellen to detect out virtually Radahn.
- Talk to Blaidd well-nigh Radahn.
- Head to Redmane Castle, Caelid.
- Defeat Radahn to free the stars.
- Caput to Eastward Limgrave and downward into the falling star crater.
- Head to the eye of Nokron to get the Fingerslayer Blade.
- Return and give the blade to Ranni.
- Head to Renna'south Rising and get through the portal.
- Collect the Miniature Ranni Doll and talk to it at a Grace until information technology speaks.
- Defeat the shade of Blaidd nigh Lake of Rot to get the key.
- Head to the Raya Lucaria Thousand Library to open up the breast and get the ring.
- Head across Lake of Rot and descend the ledges to climb inside the bury.
- Defeat Astel, Naturalborn of the Void and enter the room behind him.
- Head into the Cathedral of Hand Celes and downwards through the hole.
- Put the ring on Ranni's finger.
- Claim the Dark Moon Greatsword.
How to start Ranni'south quest
How to begin the Ranni quest
First, head to the Caria Manor in the northern part of West Liurnia.
On your fashion upwards the road, be sure to talk to the giant blacksmith, Iji, since he'll become relevant later. Head inside the manor and make your mode through information technology, watching out for those horrific hand monsters. After the Troll Knight on the stairs, you'll come to a large room with a puddle surrounded past chairs.
This is where you'll fight Loretta, and she's a tricky dominate, with an armory of sorceries, and a polearm that has a nasty reach from the back of her horse. Take the time to beat her yourself before heading out into the garden. There are three towers up here: Renna's Ascent, Ranni's Rise, and Seluvis' Rise. Make your way to middle tower, Ranni's Rising.
Head to the top and talk to Ranni to start the search for the lost city of Nokron. Later that, get dorsum downstairs to chat to the other members of your merry little ring. Blaidd
(opens in new tab)
will tell you he's heading to Siofra River to wait for Nokron and to encounter him in that location.
How to find Nokron
How to notice Nokron in Elden Ring
Make your way to Siofra River through the Siofra River Well in the Mistwoods of East Limgrave.
Y'all'll observe Blaidd further inside the secret region. Talk to him, and he'll explain that he can run into Nokron up above, but can't detect a way to go there. Follow these steps:
- Head to Iji on the road up to the manor to talk about Nokron, Blaidd, and Renna.
- Become to Seluvis' Ascent to get the potion for Nepheli, and then to enquire about Nokron. Seluvis volition give you lot a letter of introduction to Sorceress Sellen.
- Make your way to the Waypoint Ruins of Due east Limgrave, s forth the road from the Agheel Lake North Site of Grace.
- Defeat Mad Pumpkin Head in the basement to unlock Sellen and give her the letter. She'll tell y'all to kill Radahn.
Head back to Blaidd to tell him what she said almost Radahn, and he'll mention the festival of combat at Redmane Castle, and tell you lot to see him there. You tin also talk to Iji about it to get some additional dialogue.
Starscourge Radahn tips
Defeating Starscourge Radahn
Now for the hard office. Head to the fort at the most southeasterly point of Caelid:
Sprint past the defences with Torrent
(opens in new tab), and leap around to the correct past the troll at the gate to sneak in. You'll eventually come to the Chamber Outside the Plaza Site of Grace. Skilful news is, past doing this quest, yous've actually skipped a pretty horrible boss. In the next chamber where that boss should've been, are the contestants for the festival, including Blaidd and Alexander, The Fe Fist.
Head up and talk to the Jerren, then use the lift and the portal to enter the boss.
Starscourge Radahn is a horrible boss to fight, only hither are some tips:
- Don't summon in other players, since this fight is far easier on horseback.
- Summon NPCs throughout the fight using the signs that volition reappear when they die.
- Allow the NPCs bring Radahn into melee while you contrivance his ranged attacks at a distance. This will forestall him using his basically undodgeable rain-of-arrows attack.
- The all-time option is to chip abroad at Radahn from a distance using scarlet rot (rot pot, rot grease, rot weapons) or sorcery.
- For those using melee, wait for his combos to end, then sprint in with Torrent to charge attack his rear and horse. To maximize the power of your attacks, I definitely advise using some talismans such as the Lance Talisman, Axe Talisman, or the Blue Dancer Charm.
Scout out for his 2d phase where he'll return equally a flaming shooting star.
He'll summon 4 asteroids around him, and when he rides away from you, he's going to fire them. Contrivance them, or stay near the ridge crest so you can use the hill to block them.
Once Radahn is dead, the stars will return, and one will fall to earth in East Limgrave.
Find the Fingerslaying Bract for Ranni in Nokron
Finding the Fingerslaying Bract for Ranni in Nokron
Caput to the south department of East Limgrave and y'all'll spot a load of floating rubble and a crater.
Go through the crater to enter Nokron, Eternal City. Progress through the area, by the Mimic Tear boss, and into the forest with the bequeathed warriors. Find this Site of Grace: it lets you admission the Dark's Sacred Ground by jumping beyond rooftops. In the center of this surface area, below the behemothic finger reader sitting on the throne, you'll find the Fingerslayer Blade in a chest.
Requite the Fingerslayer Blade to Ranni dorsum at Ranni'south Ascent and she'll requite yous the Carian Inverted Statue that unlocks the
Carian Report Hall
(opens in new tab)
If you desire to know where Blaidd went, talk to Iji. He'll tell you that he locked Blaidd up for his ain skilful. You can go some additional dialogue from the wolf human if you caput to the Forlorn Hound Evergaol in the southernmost bespeak of West Limgrave.
Exploring Nokstella and getting the Discarded Palace Primal
Once you sit at a Site of Grace,
you lot'll now be able to head to Renna's Rise,
the previously inaccessible tower. It houses a portal that takes you into Ainsel River. Nearby yous'll detect the Miniature Ranni. Take her to a grace and talk to her until she replies. Tiny Ranni will tell you lot to caput into Nokstella to impale some shades, but you tin can get additional dialogue if yous talk to her at graces along the way.
Make your mode under the falling star-shooting star brute, and through Nokstella until you lot descend an lift into a garden with ant-riding Nox monks. Caput right to observe some other elevator that leads downwardly to the Nokstella Waterfall Basin grace. Dart past the Basilisks to detect yourself invaded by Blaidd. Kill him and Ranni volition cheers, giving you the Discarded Palace Key. Head to the Raya Lucaria 1000 Library where you lot fought Rennala and open the breast to find the Dark Moon Band.
Lake of Rot and Astel, Naturalborn of the Void
Lake of Rot and Astel, Naturalborn of the Void
From where yous fought Blaidd, head downwards into the Lake of Rot.
Yous tin can stand up on the switches to make platforms appear, but I recommend beelining direct towards the giant doorway on the correct side if you have plenty flasks to stay live. There's a grace just beyond the doorway. Using the nearby ledges, descend to where the Pests are gathered beneath. Don't head towards the room at the cease, but go correct to the stone coffin past the waterfall. Climb in and wait.
This will kickoff a cutscene, and you'll discover yourself exterior a fog door.
Astel, Naturalborn of the Void is like something direct out of Bloodborne, a cosmic nightmare scorpion who has assortment of AoE attacks. Your best bet is to smack him in the face up with jumping attacks when y'all can to stagger him, while remaining enlightened of his AoEs and his pincer grabs. Once he'due south expressionless, acquit on and up the elevator.
The Moonlight Altar and Dark Moon Greatsword
The Moonlight Chantry and Nighttime Moon Greatsword
You're finally here! The end of the road.
Head up from the elevator to the big cathedral you lot can meet.
A dragon boss volition spawn that you can fight, just if you lot'd prefer not to, just run inside. In the middle of the Cathedral of Manus Celes there is a hole in the flooring you can descend through. Inside you lot'll find Ranni and some very dead fingers. Then, you lot'll initiate a cutscene where you slip the Dark Moon Ring onto her finger. She'll give thanks you lot for condign her champion, and after she disappears, the Nighttime Moon Greatsword will appear in front of you.
Ranni quest epilogue
Alternating Ranni ending dialogue
If you desire boosted dialogue, head to the grace at the top of Ranni'south Ascension where she once saturday.
This will also change the dialogue for the ending of the game.
Now you can pursue Ranni'south Age of Stars ending in one case yous've finished the rest of the game. Subsequently you've beaten the last boss, just employ Ranni'due south summon sign to start information technology.
So, what happened to Ranni'due south comrades, Blaidd, the wolf homo and Iji?
If you're interested in where Blaidd went, head back to Ranni's Rise to find him—merely be prepared for what unfolds.
It's also worth going to talk to Iji afterwards, for an epilogue to the quest.