HP printers have been a reliable, household favorite since 1984. The nigh common complaint that users accept almost their HP printing motorcar is that information technology sometimes doesn’t turn on, peculiarly after a power outage.
When an HP Printer experiences a power shortage, it won’t boot up or turn off. If your HP printer is not turning on, change the ability outlet or power module. When it doesn’t plough off, perform a manual shutdown.
This commodity will explicate common reasons why your printer is not turning on or shutting off properly. We volition also discuss the correct ways to troubleshoot these bug.
HP Printer Won’t Turn On/ Boot Up
Your HP printer will not boot up when there is a poor connexion. Bad electrical connections are caused by:
- Faulty wall outlets
- Old electrical cables
- Lacking surge protectors
If your printer is not booting upwards, test its power outlet first. Y'all can do this with a multimeter.
Suppose you lot don’t have a multimeter at habitation. In that instance, do this:
- Unplug the printer.
- Plug another device into the same outlet. Ensure that the device is off before yous plug it in.
- Power on the new device. If it does not turn on, so your power outlet has a malfunction.
If y'all detect that the wall outlet is the problem, relocate your printer to the nearest working power socket. Before connecting your printer to the wall, you must reset it by waiting lx seconds before plugging in your printer.
If the printer still does not plough on, accept these steps while the HP device is connected to the new outlet to perform a hard reset:
- Disconnect the printer from its ability supply.
- Agree the power button for 30 seconds.
- Connect the printer to its power supply. Do this before connecting the printer to your computer.
Your printer should immediately kicking upward the next time you turn information technology on.
HP Printer Won’t Plough Off
If y'all tried to shut off your printer and notice that information technology’due south stuck on, your printer is in a “hung” country. The solution for this is simple and will have less than 1 minute:
- Disconnect the power string from the printer.
- Unplug the power source from the wall socket.
- Look 30 seconds.
- Reconnect the cable to the wall outlet.
- Connect the power cord to the printer.
This manual close down should restore the printer’s functionalities to have it plough off on your orders.
Copyright protected content owner: ReadyToDIY.com and was initially posted on 2021-03-03.
If the trouble persists, that means your printer has malfunctioned and needs professional care. Arrive touch on with the nearest HP service center to find a technician who can diagnose the result.
HP Printer Won’t Turn On Later Power Outage
Ability outages can crusade HP printers to crash. If your HP printer is not turning on afterwards a blackout, information technology may take electrical amercement. Follow these instructions to perform a transmission reset to restore your printer’southward ability:
- Disconnect the power supply from the HP printer.
- Remove the ink cartridges.
- Look 1 infinitesimal.
- Connect the power cord to the printer.
- Plow on the printer. The printer may nevertheless not accept ability nevertheless. If so, motility on to the adjacent step.
- Supersede the ink cartridges. Close whatsoever open up doors or lids. Try to plow on the printer again if it has not turned on yet.
If you notice that the printer nevertheless will not plow on, the blackout may permanently damage your printer. Your best option is to contact a technician to see if there’s annihilation they can do to help.
HP Printer Won’t Turn On Later Paper Jam
A paper jam is considered an error to your HP printer, which volition impair its normal functions. If you lot close downwardly the printer while the backup was nonetheless present, follow these steps to restore power to your printer:
- Remove all the paper. Articulate the jam. Examine the rollers, the trays, and whatsoever other metallic parts where pages can become. Also, take out the printing paper in the feed.
- Reload the printing paper. Firstly, fan the pages to prevent them from sticking together and jamming again.
- Unplug the printer from its wall outlet. Disconnect the cords attached to the printer as well.
- Expect thirty seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Plug the printer into a wall outlet. Power strips and extension cords are non suitable for powering your HP printers.
- Press the power button.
If these steps practise not work, the printer’s ability module needs replacing.
Copyright commodity owner is ReadyToDiy.com for this article. This post was beginning published on 2021-03-03.
How To Replace the Power Module in Your HP Printer
When your HP printer does not turn on afterward a reset, you must first cheque its power module. Notation that printers need a power source that has a specified voltage. To ensure that your HP printer is getting the correct voltage required:
- Locate the voltage data on the power module. This number is typically on the cake.
- Check the volt specifications listed on the back of your printer.
- Compare the two numbers. If they do not match, go a new ability module with the same specifics your printer needs.
Once the electric-potential of both your devices matches, it’southward fourth dimension to inspect the power module. To practise this, you’ll need a multimeter.
After gathering your equipment, follow these steps to test and supervene upon the power module:
Examination the power module with a multimeter.
This device will tell you if the ability module produces the corporeality of electricity recommended for your printer.
Get the make and model.
Dispose of the power module if information technology’south broken but note its model number.
HP parts store
for a replacement.
Enter the model number of your old module so you can find the right role. If there is no replacement, go to the next footstep.
Service your printer.
An HP service center tin can repair your power module and get your printer to plough on.
HP Printer Won’t Shut Down
When your HP printer won’t close down or is stuck on with the ability button flashing, your printer needs to reset. The just solution is to forcefulness shutdown your printer and perform a transmission reboot.
How To Force Shutdown of an HP Printer
To safely force shutdown and reset your printer:
- Remove the power cord from the rear of your printer. This step will force your printer to turn off.
- Unplug the printer’s ability string from its socket.
- Wait for fifteen-xxx seconds.
- Plug the power cord into an outlet.
- Reconnect the ability module to your printer.
What To Practice When Your HP Printer Is Stuck in a Shutdown Loop
If you power on your printer later manually shutting it down and notice that it is attempting to shut down over again, there is a technical error. Luckily, HP has software that can potentially solve this problem.
Use the post-obit steps to free your printer from a “hung” loop:
HP Print and Scan Doctor. This program is the official troubleshooter for HP printers.
Connect your printer.
Employ a USB or an ethernet cable to link the printer.
Run the troubleshoot application.
Do this while your printer is on.
Scan for available printers.
If your printer is non listed, click “Retry.”
- Select the “Fix Printing” option.
The application should solve whatever problems that it detects. If the loop persists, reach out to an HP technician for advice.
In most cases, issues with powering on and shutting off can be solved by resetting your printer using HP’southward guidelines. Your printer may have a unique resetting method, and so you should ever check your printer’due south user manual to know how to practice it.
If resetting fails, effort to restore your printer to its factory default settings. With touch screen printers, navigate to the settings carte du jour and find the restore option.
Otherwise, HP Support has a video explaining how to hard reset non-bear upon printers with power issues:
HP Printer Paper Jammed/Feed Problems
HP Printer Won’t Connect/Not Detected on Estimator/Network
HP Printer Keeps Canceling Print Job
HP Envy Printer Non Working
ReadyToDIY is the possessor of this article. This post was published on 2021-03-03.
HP Printer Not Working