Fully automatic espresso machine
Car overview (Fig. A)
|A1||Command panel||A10||Service door|
|A2||Cupholder||A11||Data label with type number|
|A3||Pre-ground coffee compartment||A12||H2o tank|
|A4||The lid of the bean hopper||A13||Hot water spout|
|A5||Adjustable java spout||A14||Coffee grounds container|
|A6||Mains plug||A15||The front end console of the coffee grounds container|
|A7||Grind setting knob||A16||Baste tray cover|
|A8||Java bean hopper||A17||Drip tray|
|A9||Mash group||A18||‘Drip tray full’ indicator|
|A19||Grease tube||A22||H2o hardness test strip|
|A20||AquaClean h2o filter||A23||Classic milk frother (specific types merely)|
|A21||Measuring scoop||A24||LatteGo (milk container) (specific types just)|
Control console (Fig. B)
Refer to figure B for an overview of all buttons and icons. Below you find the description.
Some of the buttons/icons are for specific types only.
|B1||On/off button||B7||Alert icons|
|B2||Drink icons*||B8||Start light|
|B3||Aroma strength/pre-ground coffee icon||B9||Offset/stop button|
|B4||Drink quantity icon||B10||Calc / Clean icon|
|B5||Milk quantity icon (specific types only)||B11||AquaClean icon|
|B6||Coffee temperature icon (specific types only)|
* Beverage icons: espresso, espresso lungo, java, americano, cappuccino, latte macchiato, hot h2o, steam (specific types but)
Congratulations on your buy of a Philips fully automated coffee machine! To fully benefit from the back up that Philips offers, delight register your product at www.philips.com/welcome.
Read the separate safety booklet carefully earlier you employ the machine for the first time and salvage it for future reference.
To aid you get started and to get the best out of your machine, Philips offers back up in multiple means. In the box you find:
- This user manual with motion picture-based usage instructions and more detailed data on cleaning and maintenance.
At that place are multiple versions of this espresso machine, which all accept dissimilar features. Each version has its own type number. You tin find the type number on the information characterization on the within of the service door (see fig A11).
- The split prophylactic booklet with instructions on how to utilise the car in a safe style.
- For online back up (frequently asked questions, movies, etc.), scan the QR code on the cover of this booklet or visit world wide web.philips.com/coffee-intendance
This machine has been tested with coffee. Although information technology has been carefully cleaned, there may be some coffee residue left. We guarantee, however, that the machine is absolutely new.
The machine automatically adjusts the amount of basis coffee that is used to make the best-tasting coffee. Y'all should mash 5 coffees initially to permit the machine to complete its cocky-aligning.
Make sure you rinse the LatteGo (milk container) or the archetype milk frother before offset use.
Before showtime use
ane. Setting up the machine
Later on you accept switched on the machine, some water may exist dispensed from the hot water spout or coffee spout. This is normal.
Activating the AquaClean water filter (v min.)
For more information meet chapter ‘AquaClean water filter’.
Setting the water hardness
Run into chapter ‘Setting the water hardness’ for step-by-step instructions. The default water hardness setting is four: hard h2o.
Assembling LatteGo (specific types but)
Assembling the classic milk frother (specific types but)
- Fill the water tank with tap h2o and make full the edible bean hopper with beans.
- Press the on/off push button to switch on the auto.
– The automobile starts heating up and performs the automatic rinsing bike. During heating up, the lights in the drinks icons light upwards and get out slowly one past 1.
– When all lights in the drink icons low-cal upwards continuously, the machine is ready for apply.
- Place a cup under the java dispensing spout. Slide the coffee dispensing spout up or down to adjust its height to the size of the cup or glass yous are using (Fig. one).
This automobile allows you to adjust the settings of a potable to your own preference. After selecting a drinkable you
- Suit the odour strength by borer the aroma forcefulness icon (Fig. two). At that place are 3 strengths, the lowest is the mildest and the highest is the strongest.
- Accommodate the drinking quantity by tapping the drinking quantity (Fig. three) and/or the milk quantity icon (specific types just). In that location are three quantities: low, medium and high.
You can likewise adjust the coffee temperature to your own preference (run across ‘Adjusting the coffee temperature’).
Brewing coffee with beans
- To brew a coffee, tap the drink icon of your option.
– The aroma force and quantity lights go on and show the previously selected setting.
– You tin can now accommodate the drink to your preferred gustation (see ‘Personalizing drinks’).
- Press the start/end push button.
– The light in the drink icon flashes while the drink is being dispensed.
Specific types but: An americano is made of espresso and water. When you lot brew an americano, the machine showtime dispenses an espresso and then water.
- To terminate dispensing java earlier the car is finished, press the start/stop button again.
To brew ii coffees at the same fourth dimension, tap the drink icon twice. The 2x calorie-free lights up.
Brewing milk-based drinks with LatteGo (milk container)
LatteGo consists of a milk container, a frame, and a storage lid. To avoid leakage, make sure the frame and the milk container are properly assembled earlier you lot fill the milk container.
- To gather LatteGo, outset, insert the summit of the milk container under the claw at the height of the frame (Fig. 4). So printing domicile the lesser part of the milk container. You hear a click when it locks into place (Fig. 5).
Brand sure that the milk container and the frame are make clean earlier you lot connect them.
- Slightly tilt LatteGo and put it on the hot h2o spout (Fig. 6). Then press information technology home until it locks into identify (Fig. 7).
- Fill LatteGo with milk upwards to the level indicated on the milk container for the drinkable you are brewing (Fig. 8). Practice not make full the milk container beyond the maximum indication.
If y'all take personalized the milk quantity, you may need to fill the milk container with more or less milk than indicated for this beverage on LatteGo.
Always apply milk coming directly from the fridge for optimal results.
- Identify a cup on the baste tray.
- Tap the milk-based drink icon of your choice.
– You lot can at present adjust the beverage to your own preference (see ‘Personalizing drinks’).
- Printing the offset/cease button.
– The light in the drinkable icon flashes while the drinkable is being dispensed. When you mash a cappuccino or latte macchiato, the motorcar first dispenses milk and then java.
– To stop dispensing milk earlier the automobile has dispensed the preset amount, press the start/cease button.
- To cease dispensing the complete beverage (milk and coffee) before the machine is finished, printing and concord the start/stop push button.
Frothing milk with a classic milk frother
Always apply milk coming directly from the fridge for the best foam quality.
- Tilt the black silicone handle on the machine to the left and slide the milk frother onto information technology (Fig. 9).
- Fill up a milk jug with approx. 100 ml milk for cappuccino and approx. 150 ml milk for latte macchiato.
- Insert the milk frother approx. one cm into the milk.
- Tap the steam icon (Fig. 10).
– The calorie-free in the steam icon goes on and the starting time light starts pulsing.
- Press the offset/cease push to froth the milk (Fig. 11).
– The automobile starts heating upwardly, steam is forced into the milk and the milk is frothed.
- When the milk foam in the milk jug has reached the required volume, printing the get-go/cease push once more to stop frothing milk.
Never barm milk longer than ninety seconds. The frothing automatically stops later on 90 seconds.
Yous do not accept to motility the milk jug during milk frothing to get the best milk froth quality.
Brewing java with pre-footing coffee
Yous can choose to use pre-basis coffee instead of beans, for case if you lot prefer a dissimilar coffee variety or decaffeinated java.
- Printing the on/off push to switch on the automobile and wait until it is ready for use.
- Open the hat of the pre-ground coffee compartment and cascade i leveled measuring scoop of preground coffee into it (Fig. 12). So close the chapeau.
- Place a cup nether the coffee dispensing spout.
- Select a single potable.
- Press the odour strength icon for three seconds (Fig. 13).
– The pre-footing coffee light goes on and the kickoff light starts pulsing.
- Printing the start/stop button.
- To stop dispensing java before the machine is finished, press the start/end push again.
With pre-ground coffee, you lot tin can only brew ane java at a fourth dimension.
Pre-ground java is non a setting that is saved equally a previously selected force setting. Each time yous want to employ pre-ground coffee, yous need to press the aroma strength icon for 3 seconds.
When yous select pre-basis coffee, you lot cannot select a different odour strength.
Dispensing hot water
- If attached, remove LatteGo or the milk frother.
- Tap the hot h2o icon (Fig. 14).
– The drink quantity lights get on and testify the previously selected drink setting for hot water.
- Adjust the hot water quantity to your preference past borer the drink quantity icon (Fig. 3).
- Press the beginning/stop push button.
– The light in the hot h2o icon flashes and hot water is dispensed from the hot h2o spout (Fig. fifteen).
- To stop dispensing hot water before the machine is finished, press the start/cease button again.
Adjusting car settings
Adjusting the stand up-by fourth dimension
- Press the on/off button to switch off the machine.
- When the machine is switched off: printing and hold the Calc / Clean icon (Fig. xvi) until the Calc / Make clean light and the Aroma strength lights go on (Fig. 17).
- Tap the Scent strength icon to select the required standby time: 15, 30, 60 or 180 minutes. Respectively 1, two, 3 or 4 lights of the Aroma strength icon light up.
- When you have finished setting the stand-by fourth dimension, printing the start/end push. The machine switches off.
- Printing the on/off button to switch on the car again.
Programming the highest default setting of your drinks
The machine has 3 default settings for each drink: low, medium, and high. Y'all can simply adjust the quantity of the highest setting. The new quantity can be stored every bit soon as the start light starts to pulse.
Before yous outset programming the quantity of a milk drink, assemble LatteGo and cascade milk in it.
- To adapt the highest quantity setting, printing and hold the icon of the drink yous want to arrange for 3 seconds.
– The upper light of the drinks quantity icon and the upper calorie-free of the milk quantity icon (specific types only) starts to pulse and the start/finish push starts to pulse, indicating that you are in programming mode.
- Press the showtime/stop button. The car starts to brew the selected beverage.
– The start light lights upward continuously at commencement. When the machine is ready to store the adjusted book, the outset/finish light starts to pulse.
- Press the start/stop button over again when the cup contains the desired quantity of coffee or milk.
– In the case of cappuccino or latte macchiato, starting time the milk volition be dispensed. Printing the kickoff/end button when the cup contains the desired milk quantity. The car automatically starts dispensing the coffee. Press the showtime/terminate button again when the loving cup contains the desired quantity.
After you take programmed the new highest default quantity for a drink, the machine will dispense this new amount each fourth dimension you select the highest quantity of this potable.
You tin can simply adjust the highest default quantity level.
If yous want to go back to the default quantity settings, run into ‘ Restoring factory settings.
Adjusting the java temperature
Machines without temperature icon
- Press the on/off push to switch off the machine.
- When the car is switched off: press and concord the coffee quantity icon until the lights in this icon go on (Fig. 18).
- Tap the quantity icon to select the required temperature: normal, high or max.
– Respectively 1, 2, or 3 lights are on.
- When you accept finished setting the coffee temperature, printing the start/stop button.
- Press the on/off button to switch on the machine over again.
If you lot do not switch off the machine yourself, it will switch off automatically later on some time.
Machines with temperature icon (EP3221 only)
i Tap the coffee temperature icon repeatedly to select the desired temperature.
Restoring factory settings
The machine offers you the possibility to restore the drinks default settings at whatsoever moment.
You tin only restore the default settings when the machine is switched off.
- Press the on/off push to switch the machine off.
- Press and concur the espresso icon for iii seconds.
– The center lights in the drink setting icons light upward. The commencement/end light starts to pulse, indicating that the settings are ready to exist restored.
- Press the offset/stop push to confirm you want to restore the settings.
- Press the on/off button to switch on the car again.
Adjusting grinder settings
You can change the coffee strength with the grind setting knob inside the edible bean container. The lower the grind setting, the finer the coffee beans are ground and the stronger the coffee. There are 12 different grind settings y'all can choose from.
The machine has been ready to get the best sense of taste out of your coffee beans. Therefore we advise you lot not to conform the grind setting until you take brewed 100-150 cups (approx. 1 calendar month of use).
You can simply adjust the grind settings when the machine is grinding coffee beans. You need to brew 2 to 3 drinks before you tin can gustatory modality the full difference.
Do not plough the grind setting knob more than than 1 notch at a time to foreclose damage to the grinder.
- Place a cup under the java dispensing spout.
- Open the lid of the java bean hopper.
- Tap the espresso icon and and then printing the start/cease button.
- When the grinder starts grinding, printing down the grind setting knob and turn information technology to the left or right. (Fig. 19)
Deactivate the beeps of the command console
- Printing the on/off button to switch off the machine.
- When the machine is switched off, tap and agree the coffee icon (espresso lungo icon for EP3221) until the light in the icon goes on. The kickoff light starts flashing.
- Tap the coffee icon again to deactivate the beeps of the control panel. The lite in the coffee icon goes out.
- Printing the start/stop push to ostend your choice.
- Press the on/off button to switch on the machine again. The beeps of the command panel have now been deactivated.
If the low-cal in the coffee icon does not go along later borer and holding the icon, this ways that the beeps of the control panel already take been deactivated. To activate them again, tap the icon once more and confirm by pressing the start/end push button.
The beeps in the on/off push and in the starting time/stop button cannot exist deactivated.
Removing and inserting the mash grouping
Get to world wide web.philips.com/coffee-care for detailed video instructions on how to remove, insert and clean the mash grouping.
Removing the brew grouping from the machine
- Switch off the machine.
- Remove the water tank and open up the service door (Fig. 20).
- Press the PUSH handle (Fig. 21) and pull at the grip of the brew group to remove it from the auto (Fig. 22).
Reinserting the brew group
Before yous slide the brew group back into the car, make sure it is in the correct position.
- Check if the brew group is in the right position. The arrow on the xanthous cylinder on the side of the brew group has to exist aligned with the black arrow and N (Fig. 23).
– If they are not aligned, push down the lever until it is in contact with the base of the brew group (Fig. 24).
- Slide the brew grouping back into the machine along the guiding rails on the sides (Fig. 25) until information technology locks into position with a click (Fig. 26). Exercise not press the Push button button.
- Close the service door and place back the h2o tank.
Cleaning and maintenance
Regular cleaning and maintenance go along your car in top condition and ensure good-tasting java for a long time with a steady coffee flow.
Consult the table below for a detailed description of when and how to clean all detachable parts of the machine. Yous can detect more detailed data and video instructions on www.philips.com/coffee-care.
Meet figure D for an overview of which parts can be cleaned in the dishwasher.
|Detachable parts||When to clean||How to clean|
|Brew group||Weekly||Remove the brew grouping from the machine (see ‘Removing and inserting the brew group’). Rinse it under the tap (run into ‘Cleaning the mash group under the tap’).|
|Monthly||Clean the brew group with the Philips coffee oil remover tablet (see ‘Cleaning the brew grouping with the java oil remover tablets’).|
|Archetype milk frother||After every use||First, dispense hot water with the milk frother attached to the machine for thorough cleaning. Then remove the milk frother from the motorcar and disassemble it. Clean all parts under the tap or in the dishwasher.|
|Pre-ground coffee compartment||Check the pre-ground coffee compartment weekly to see if it is clogged.||Unplug the machine and remove the brew group. Open the lid of the pre-ground coffee compartment and insert the spoon handle into it. Move the handle up and down until the clogged ground coffee falls downwards (Fig. 27). Go to www.philips.com/java-care for detailed video instructions.|
|Java grounds container||Empty the coffee grounds container when prompted by the machine. Clean information technology weekly.||Remove the coffee grounds container while the machine is switched on. Rinse it nether the tap with some washing-upwardly liquid or make clean it in the
dishwasher. The front panel of the coffee grounds container is not dishwasher-safe.
|Drip tray||Empty the drip tray daily or equally soon equally the cherry-red ‘baste tray full’ indicator pops up through the baste tray (Fig. 28). Make clean the drip tray weekly.||Remove the drip tray (Fig. 29) and rinse it under the tap with some washing-upward liquid. You can likewise clean the drip tray in the dishwasher. The front end console of the coffee grounds container (fig. A15) is not dishwasher-safe.|
|LatteGo||After every utilise||Rinse LatteGo under the tap or clean information technology in the dishwasher.|
|Lubrication of the brew grouping||Every 2 months||Consult the lubrication tabular array and lubricate the brew grouping with the Philips grease (see ‘Lubricating the mash group’).|
|Water tank||Weekly||Rinse the water tank under the tap|
Cleaning the brew group
Regular cleaning of the brew group prevents java residues from clogging up the internal circuits. Visit world wide web.philips.com/coffee-care for support videos on how to remove, insert and clean the mash grouping.
Cleaning the brew group under the tap
- Remove the mash group (see ‘Removing and inserting the brew group’).
- Rinse the brew grouping thoroughly with h2o. Carefully clean the upper filter (Fig. 30) of the brew group.
- Let the brew group air-dry before you place information technology dorsum. Do not dry the mash group with a cloth to prevent fibers from collecting inside the brew group.
Cleaning the brew group with the coffee oil remover tablets
Merely use Philips coffee oil remover tablets.
- Put a cup under the java spout. Make full the water tank with fresh water.
- Put a coffee oil remover tablet in the pre-footing java compartment.
- Tap the coffee icon and then press the aroma forcefulness icon for 3 seconds to select the pre-footing java function (Fig. 2).
- Do not add pre-footing coffee. Printing the get-go/stop push to outset the brewing cycle. When half a cup of water has been brewed, unplug the car.
- Let the coffee oil remover solution human activity for at least xv minutes.
- Insert the mains plug dorsum into a wall socket and switch on the machine to complete the brewing cycle.
Empty the cup.
- Remove the water tank and open the service door. Remove the brew group (run across ‘Removing the brew
a group from the car’) and rinse it thoroughly nether the tap.
- Reinsert the brew grouping and h2o tank and place a cup nether the coffee spout.
- Tap the coffee icon and so press the aroma force icon for 3 seconds to select the pre-basis java function (Fig. ii). Do not add pre-footing coffee. Press the offset/stop button to start the brewing cycle.
Repeat this twice. Empty the cup.
Lubricating the brew group
Lubricate the brew grouping every two months, to ensure that the moving parts proceed to motility smoothly.
- Apply a thin layer of grease on the piston (gray part) of the brew group (Fig. 31).
- Employ a thin layer of grease around the shaft (grayness part) in the bottom of the brew group (Fig. 32).
- Employ a thin layer of grease to the rails on both sides (Fig. 33).
Cleaning LatteGo (milk container)
Cleaning LatteGo subsequently every use
- Remove LatteGo from the machine (Fig. 34).
- Pour out whatever remaining milk.
- Press the release push button and remove the milk container from the frame of LatteGo (Fig. 35).
- Clean all parts in the dishwasher or under the tap with lukewarm h2o and some washing-up liquid.
Cleaning the classic milk frother
Cleaning the classic milk frother after every use
Clean the milk frother each time you use information technology for hygiene reasons and to avert the build-upwardly of milk residues.
- Place a loving cup under the milk frother.
- Tap the steam icon and so press the get-go/stop button to starting time dispensing steam and to remove any milk that may be left inside the milk frother.
- To end dispensing steam afterward a few seconds, printing the offset/stop push again.
- Make clean the milk frother with a damp cloth.
Daily cleaning of the archetype milk frother
- Let the milk frother cool down completely.
- Tilt the milk frother to the left (Fig. 36) and remove both the metal part and the silicone function (Fig. 37).
- Disassemble the two parts (Fig. 38) and rinse them with fresh water or clean them in the dishwasher.
Brand sure that the pocket-size hole on the metal tube (Fig. 39) is completely clean and not clogged by milk residues.
- Reassemble the two milk frother parts and reattach the milk frother to the machine.
AquaClean water filter
Your machine is AquaClean enabled. You tin can place the AquaClean h2o filter in the water tank to preserve the sense of taste of your coffee. It besides diminishes the demand for descaling by reducing limescale build-upwardly in your automobile. Y'all can buy an AquaClean water filter from your local retailer, from authorized service centers, or online at world wide web.philips.com/parts-and-accessories.
AquaClean icon and light
Your automobile is equipped with an AquaClean water filter low-cal (Fig. 40) to betoken the status of the filter.
Use the table below to see what actions are required when the light is on or when it is flashing.
Activating the AquaClean water filter (5 min.)
The machine does not automatically find that a filter has been placed in the water tank. Therefore you demand to activate each new AquaClean water filter that you install with the AquaClean icon.
When the orangish AquaClean light is off, you can still activate an AquaClean h2o filter, merely you volition demand to descale the machine offset.
Your machine has to be completely limescale-gratuitous before you showtime to use the AquaClean water filter.
Earlier activating the AquaClean water filter, information technology has to be prepared by soaking it in water as described below.
If you don’t do this, air might be drawn into the machine instead of h2o, which makes a lot of dissonance and prevents the machine from beingness able to brew coffee.
- Make sure that the automobile is switched on.
- Milk shake the filter for nearly 5 seconds (Fig. 41).
- Immerse the filter upside down in a jug with common cold water and milkshake/press information technology (Fig. 42).
- The filter is now prepared for utilize and tin can be inserted into the water tank.
- Insert the filter vertically onto the filter connection in the water tank. Printing information technology down to the lowest possible betoken (Fig. 43).
- Fill the h2o tank with fresh water and place it dorsum into the car.
- If attached, remove the LatteGo.
- Place a bowl under the hot water spout/milk frother.
- Press the AquaClean icon for 3 seconds (Fig. 44). The start calorie-free starts to pulse.
- Printing the showtime/terminate push button to start the activation process.
- Hot water will be dispensed from the hot h2o spout/milk frother (3 min.).
- When the activation process is finished, the bluish AquaClean light goes on to ostend that the AquaClean water filter has been activated correctly.
Replacing the AquaClean water filter (5 min.)
Later on 95 liters of h2o accept flowed through the filter, the filter will cease to work. The AquaClean light turns orange and starts to flash to remind y'all to replace the filter. Equally long as information technology flashes, you can replace the filter without having to descale the car first. If you lot do not supercede the AquaClean h2o filter, the orange light will become out eventually. In that case, yous tin all the same replace the filter but you first need to descale the machine.
When the orange AquaClean low-cal flashes:
- Accept out the former AquaClean water filter.
- Install a new filter and activate it equally described in the chapter ‘Activating the AquaClean h2o filter (five min.)’.
Supplant the AquaClean water filter at least every 3 months, even if the machine does not yet indicate that replacement is required.
Deactivating the AquaClean reminder
If y'all do not want to use Philips AquaClean h2o filters anymore, you can always deactivate the AquaClean reminders (AquaClean light flashing orangish):
- Press the on/off button to switch off the automobile.
- When the machine is switched off, press and hold the AquaClean icon until the lite in this icon goes on.
The start light starts flashing.
- Tap the AquaClean icon again to deactivate the reminders. The light in the AquaClean icon goes off.
- Press the start/stop push button to ostend your option.
- Press the on/off push to switch on the machine again. The AquaClean reminders are now deactivated.
The activation of a new AquaClean filter will automatically re-activate the AquaClean reminders.
Setting the water hardness
Nosotros advise you to adjust the water hardness to the h2o hardness in your region for optimal performance and a longer lifetime of the machine. This also prevents you lot from having to descale the automobile too frequently. The default water hardness setting is 4: difficult h2o.
Use the water hardness test strip supplied in the box to determine the h2o hardness in your region:
- Immerse the water hardness test strip in tap water or hold it nether the tap for 1 second (Fig. 45).
- Wait 1 infinitesimal. The number of squares on the test strip that turn red indicates the water hardness (Fig.46).
Set the machine to the correct water hardness:
- Press the on/off push button to switch off the machine.
- When the machine is switched off, tap and concur the scent strength icon until all lights in the icon go on (Fig. two).
- Tap the scent strength icon 1, ii, three or 4 times. The number of lights that are on should be the same equally the number of ruby-red squares on the test strip (Fig. 47). When there are no red squares on the test strip (and then all squares are greenish) please select one light.
- When yous take gear up the correct h2o hardness, press the starting time/terminate button.
- Printing the on/off icon to switch on the machine.
Since you only prepare the h2o hardness once, the odour strength office is used to select the water hardness. This does not bear on the scent strength of the drinks yous make later on.
Descaling process (30 min.)
Please use Philips descaler only. Nether no circumstances should you use a descaler based on sulfuric acrid, hydrochloric acid, sulfamic or acetic acid (vinegar) every bit this may harm the water circuit in your machine and not deliquesce the limescale properly. Not using the Philips descaler volition void your warranty. Failure to descale the appliance will also void your warranty. You lot can buy Philips descaling solution in the online shop at www.philips.com/coffee-care.
When the Calc / Clean light starts to flash slowly, y'all need to descale the automobile.
- Make sure that the auto is switched on.
- If attached remove LatteGo or milk frother.
- Remove the drip tray and the coffee grounds container, empty them, and put them back into place.
- Remove the water tank and empty it. Then remove the AquaClean h2o filter.
- Cascade the whole bottle of Philips descaler into the water tank so fill up information technology with water up to the Calc /
Clean indication (Fig. 48). Then identify information technology back into the machine.
- Place a large container (1.v l) under the coffee dispensing spout and the water spout.
- Press the Calc / Make clean icon for 3 sec. and then press the start/cease button.
- The first stage of the descaling process starts. The descaling process lasts approx. thirty minutes and consists of a descaling cycle and a rinsing cycle. During the descaling cycle the Calc / Clean light flashes to show that the descaling phase is in progress.
- Let the machine dispense the descaling solution until the display reminds you that the water tank is empty.
- Empty the water tank, rinse it then refill it with fresh h2o upward to the Calc / Clean indication.
- Empty the container and place it back under the coffee dispensing spout and the h2o spout. Press the first/stop push again.
- The 2nd stage of the descaling bicycle, the rinsing stage, starts and lasts 3 minutes. During this stage, the lights on the control panel continue and off to show that the rinsing phase is in progress.
- Await until the machine stops dispensing water. The descaling process is finished when the machine stops dispensing water.
- The machine volition at present heat upward over again. When the lights in the potable icons lite upwardly continuously, the machine is ready for use again.
- Install and actuate a new AquaClean water filter in the water tank (come across ‘Activating the AquaClean water filter (five min.)’).
– When the descaling process is finished, the AquaClean calorie-free flashes for a while to remind you to
install a new AquaClean water filter.
Tip: Using the AquaClean filter reduces the demand for descaling!
What to do if the descaling process is interrupted
You lot can get out the descaling procedure by pressing the on/off button on the control panel. If the descaling procedure is interrupted before information technology is completely finished, do the post-obit:
- Empty and rinse the h2o tank thoroughly.
- Fill the water tank with fresh h2o up to the Calc / Clean level indication and switch the machine dorsum on. The machine volition estrus up and perform an automated rinsing wheel.
- Earlier brewing any drinks, perform a manual rinsing cycle. To perform a manual rinsing cycle, showtime, manipulate half a h2o tank of hot water by repeatedly tapping the hot water icon (Fig. fourteen) then brew two cups of pre-ground coffee without adding ground coffee.
If the descaling procedure was not completed, the machine will require some other descaling procedure as soon as possible.
To clean and descale the machine, only utilize the Philips maintenance products. These products can be purchased from your local retailer, from the authorized service centers or online at www.philips.com/parts-and-accessories. To find a full list of spare parts online, enter the model number of your machine. You lot tin can find the model number on the inside of the service door.
Maintenance products and type numbers:
- Descaling solution CA6700
- AquaClean water filter CA6903
- Brew group grease HD5061
- Coffee oil remover tablets CA6704
This affiliate summarizes the almost mutual problems y'all could encounter with the machine. Support videos and a complete list of frequently asked questions are available on www.philips.com/java-care. If y'all are unable to solve the trouble, contact the Consumer Care Center in your land. For contact details, run into the warranty leaflet.
|The ‘h2o tank empty’ light is on
– The water tank is nigh empty. Fill up the h2o tank with fresh water to the maximum level indication.
– The water tank is non in place. Identify back the h2o tank.
|The ’empty coffee grounds container’ light is on
– The java grounds container is full. Remove and empty the coffee grounds container while the motorcar is switched on. Await at least 5 seconds before you reinsert the container.
|The alarm light is on
– The coffee grounds container and/or the drip tray is non in identify or not placed correctly. Place dorsum the coffee grounds container and/or the drip tray and make sure they are in the correct position.
– The service door is open. Remove the water tank and make sure the service door is closed.
|The warning light is flashing
– The brew group is non in place or not placed correctly. Remove the brew grouping and make sure information technology is locked into place. See chapter ‘Removing and inserting the brew group’ for step-past-step instructions.
– The brew grouping is blocked. Remove the brew grouping and rinse it with water nether the tap. So lubricate the brew grouping and identify information technology back into the auto. See affiliate ‘Cleaning and maintenance’ for pace-by-footstep instructions.
|The alarm low-cal is on and the get-go lite flashes.
Some air is trapped inside the auto. To release the air from the machine, fill the h2o tank with h2o, place a cup under the classic milk frother and printing the flashing showtime/stop button.
Be conscientious: small jets of hot water will be dispensed from the classic milk frother to release the air.
|AquaClean low-cal is flashing: place or replace the AquaClean h2o filter and activate it. See chapter ‘AquaClean water filter’ for step-by-footstep instructions.|
|Descaling light is flashing slowly: Descale the machine (run across ‘Descaling procedure (30 min.)’).|
|The lights in the potable icons calorie-free up and get out one past 1.
The machine is heating upwardly and/or trying to release the air that was drawn into the automobile. Look until all drink lights low-cal upward continuously.
|The lights of all warning icons are flashing.
Reset the machine by unplugging it and plugging it back in. Before switching the car back on, follow these steps:
– Remove the AquaClean water filter from the water tank.
– Place back the water tank. Push it into the machine as far as possible to make certain it is in the correct position.
– Open the lid of the pre-ground coffee compartment and check if this is chock-full with coffee powder. To clean it, insert a spoon handle into the pre-ground coffee compartment and movement the handle up and down until the clogged ground coffee falls down (Fig. 27). Remove the brew grouping and remove all ground coffee that has fallen downwards. Identify back the make clean brew group.
– Switch the motorcar back on.
If the problem is solved the AquaClean filter was not prepared well. Fix the AquaClean filter before placing it back past following steps i and 2 in the chapter ‘Activating the AquaClean h2o filter (5 min).
If the lights go along to wink, the motorcar could be overheated. Switch the car off, wait 30 minutes and switch information technology on again. If the lights are still flashing, contact the Consumer Care Center in your country. For contact details, run into the international warranty leaflet.
This affiliate summarizes the nearly common problems you could encounter with the machine. Support videos and a complete list of oft asked questions are available on www.philips.com/coffee-care. If you are unable to solve the problem, contact the Consumer Care Center in your land. For contact details, see the warranty leaflet.
|The baste tray fills up speedily.||This is normal. The auto uses water to rinse the internal circuit and brew group. Some water flows through the internal system straight into the baste tray.||Empty the drip tray daily or as soon as the red ‘baste tray full’ indicator pops up through the drip tray encompass. Tip: place a cup under the dispensing spout to collect rinsing water that comes out of it.|
|The ’empty coffee
grounds container’ light remains on.
|You emptied the coffee grounds container while the machine was switched off.||Ever empty the java grounds
container while the machine is switched on. Remove the coffee grounds container, wait at to the lowest degree 5 sec. so insert it again.
|The auto prompts to empty the coffee grounds container even though the container is non full.||The auto did not reset the counter the final fourth dimension you emptied the coffee grounds container.||Ever await approx. 5 seconds when y'all place back the coffee grounds container. In this style the java grounds counter will be reset to zero.|
|E'er empty the coffee grounds container while the car is switched on. If yous empty the coffee grounds container when the auto is switched off, the java grounds counter won’t reset.|
|The coffee grounds container is likewise full and the ’empty coffee
grounds container’ lite did not go along.
|You removed the baste tray without emptying the grounds container.||When y'all remove the baste tray, too empty the coffee grounds container even if information technology contains merely a few coffee pucks. In this manner the coffee grounds counter will be reset to nix, re-starting to correctly count the coffee pucks.|
|I cannot remove the brew grouping.||The mash group is not in the correct position.||Reset the machine in the following way: close the service door and place back the water tank. Switch the automobile off and back on again. Effort again to remove the brew group. Meet chapter ‘Removing and inserting the brew group’ for step-by-step instructions.|
|I cannot insert the brew group.||The brew group is not in the correct position.||Reset the motorcar in the following manner: close the service door and place dorsum the h2o tank. Leave the brew group out. Switch the auto off and unplug information technology. Wait for 30 sec. and then plug the
machine back in and switch it on. And so put the brew grouping in the correct position and reinsert information technology into in the machine. Come across chapter ‘Removing and inserting the brew group’ for step-by-stride instructions.
|The java is watery.||The brew grouping is dirty or needs to be lubricated.||Remove the brew group (see ‘Removing the mash grouping from the machine’), rinse it under the tap, and exit information technology to dry. Then lubricate the moving parts (see ‘Lubricating the brew group’).|
|The machine is performing its self-adjustment process. This procedure is started automatically the get-go time, when you lot change to after a long flow of non-use.||Mash v cups of coffee initially to allow the machine to complete its self-adjustment procedure.|
|The grinder is gear up to a too coarse setting.||Ready the grinder to a finer (lower) setting. Mash 2 to 3 drinks to be able to taste the total difference.|
|The coffee is non hot enough.||The temperature is set likewise depression.||Prepare the temperature to the maximum (see ‘Adjusting the java temperature’).|
|A common cold loving cup reduces the temperature of the drinkable.||Preheat the cups by rinsing them with hot water.|
|Adding milk reduces the temperature of the drinkable.||Regardless of whether you add hot or cold milk, adding milk e'er reduces the temperature of the coffee. Preheat the cups by rinsing them with hot h2o.|
|Coffee does non come out or coffee comes out slowly.||The AquaClean water filter was not prepared properly for installation.||Remove the AquaClean water filter and effort to mash a coffee over again. If this works, make sure that y'all have prepared the AquaClean h2o filter properly earlier y'all place it dorsum. Meet chapter ‘AquaClean water filter’ for footstep-by-step instructions.|
|After a long period of non-utilize, you demand to fix the AquaClean h2o filter for utilize again and so place it dorsum. See steps 1 – 3 of the chapter ‘Activating the AquaClean water filter’.|
|The AquaClean water filter is clogged.||Replace the AquaClean h2o filter every 3 months. A filter that is older than iii months can become clogged.|
|The grinder is set to a too fine setting.||Fix the grinder to a coarser (higher) setting. Annotation that this will touch on the coffee taste.|
|The brew grouping is dirty.||Remove the brew group and rinse it under the tap (run across ‘Cleaning the brew grouping under the tap’).|
|The coffee dispensing spout is||Clean the java dispensing spout and its|
|The pre-basis coffee compartment is clogged||Switch off the car and remove the mash group. Open up the chapeau of the pre-ground coffee compartment and insert the spoon handle into it. Motion the handle up and downward until the clogged basis coffee falls down (Fig. 27).|
|The machine excursion is blocked past limescale.||Descale the car with Philips descaler. E'er descale the machine when the descaling light starts to flash.|
|The machine grinds the coffee beans, merely coffee does non come up out.||The pre-ground coffee compartment is clogged.||Switch off the machine and remove the mash grouping. Open the lid of the pre-ground coffee compartment and insert the spoon handle into it. Move the handle up and down until the chock-full footing coffee falls downwardly (Fig. 27).|
|The milk does not froth.||Machines with LatteGo: LatteGo is incorrectly assembled.||Brand sure that the milk container is properly assembled to the frame of LatteGo (‘click’).|
|Machines with LatteGo: the milk container and/or frame of LatteGo are muddy.||Disassemble LatteGo and rinse both parts under the tap or clean them in the dishwasher (see ‘Cleaning LatteGo later on every use’).|
|Machines with classic milk frother: the milk frother is dingy.||Thoroughly clean the milk frother (see ‘Cleaning the classic milk frother ‘).|
|The type of milk used is not suitable for frothing.||Different types of milk upshot in dissimilar amounts of froth and different froth qualities. We have tested the following milk types which proved to deliver a practiced milk froth result: semi-skimmed or full-fat cow’s milk and lactose-gratis milk.|
|Milk is leaking from the bottom of the LatteGo milk container.||The frame and the milk container are non assembled properly.||First, insert the top of the milk container nether the hook at the height of the frame. Then press home the bottom part of the milk container. You hear a click when it locks into place.|
|The automobile seems to be||The machine uses water to rinse the internal excursion and brew group. This water flows through the internal organization direct into the drip tray. This is normal.||Empty the drip tray every 24-hour interval or as soon equally the ‘drip tray full’ indicator pops upwards through the drip tray encompass. Tip: Place a cup under the dispensing spout to collect rinsing water and reduce the amount of water in the drip tray.|
|The drip tray is also full and has overflowed which makes it look like the machine is leaking.||Empty the baste tray every day or as soon equally the ‘drip tray full’ indicator pops up through the drip tray cover.|
|The water tank is not fully inserted and air is drawn into the machine.||Make sure the water tank is in the correct position: remove information technology and insert it again pushing it equally far as possible.|
|The brew group is dirty/chock-full.||Rinse the brew grouping.|
|The automobile is not placed on a horizontal surface.||Place the motorcar on a horizontal surface so that the drip tray does non overflow and the ‘drip tray full’ indicator works properly.|
|The water tank is non fully inserted and the air is fatigued into the machine.||Brand sure the water tank is in the correct position: remove information technology and insert it once again pushing it equally far as possible.|
|I cannot actuate the AquaClean h2o filter and the machine asks for descaling.||The filter has non been installed or replaced in fourth dimension after the
started to flash. This means your limescale is free.
|Descale your machine first and and so install the AquaClean water filter.|
|The new h2o filter does not fit.||You are trying to install another filter than the AquaClean water||Only the AquaClean water filter fits into the car.|
|The safe ring on the AquaClean water filter is not in place.||Place back the rubber ring on the AquaClean water filter.|
|The machine is making a loud noise.||Information technology is normal that your motorcar makes noise during employ.||If the machine starts to make a different kind of noise, clean the mash grouping and lubricate information technology (see ‘Lubricating the brew grouping’).|
|The AquaClean h2o filter was not prepared properly and air is now drawn into the machine.||Remove the AquaClean water filter from the water tank and properly set up information technology for employ before you place it back. See affiliate ‘AquaClean h2o filter’ for step-by-step instructions.|
|The h2o tank is not fully inserted and air is fatigued into the machine.||Make sure the water tank is in the correct position: remove it and insert it once again pushing it as far as possible.|
The manufacturer reserves the right to improve the technical specifications of the product. All the preset quantities are approximate.
|Size (west x h x d)||246 10 372 x 433 mm|
|Weight||vii – 7.v kg|
|Power cord length||yard mm|
|Water tank||one.viii litres, removable|
|Coffee edible bean hopper capacity||275 g|
|Coffee grounds container capacity||12 pucks|
|LatteGo (milk container) capacity||250 ml|
|Adjustable spout height||85-145 mm|
|Nominal voltage – Ability rating – Power supply||Run across the information label on the inside of the service door (fig. A11)|
>75% recycled paper