Few things are more annoying than your remote failing to follow commands. Yet, these issues happen more than often than you think, and the Firestick TV remote is no exception. If your Firestick remote failed you, you’ve come to the correct place.
In this article, you’ll see mutual reasons why your Firestick remote may non piece of work and solutions for each issue. Whether information technology’south your bombardment, an update glitch, book issues, or another problem, you tin can usually resolve it.
Below are some of the most mutual problems, along with instructions on fixing them.
Problem 1: Dead, Weak, or Incorrectly Installed Batteries
How to Bank check for Battery Problems in Your Firestick Remote
Batteries that are improperly inserted or low on power can cause issues with Firestick remotes. Sure, we all know how to install and replace batteries, but accidents can happen. A kid gets ahold of the remote and dissects it or swaps the batteries so they tin employ them in their toy. Someone dropped the remote, and the batteries came out, which then got reinserted in the wrong management. Someone spilled a drink on the remove and shorted the batteries. The possibilities are countless. Regardless, batteries are a prevalent cause of the remote’s problems. I might remember that the batteries work because they functioned effectively a second ago, but that doesn’t mean there is enough “juice” in them to keep working.
As for solutions, a little bang on the remote sometimes wakes the batteries—for a short period at least. Does that scenario sound familiar? I’grand sure someone you lot know has tried that fix, or maybe information technology brings dorsum some memories. No thing, that solution doesn’t last very long. Yous’ll discover yourself doing the aforementioned thing repeatedly in a brusk menstruum, maybe to the indicate of a future surprise battery leak or internal damage to the remote.
Here are some “proper” ways to check for battery problems in your Firestick remote.
- Remove the batteries from the remote, paying shut attention to how they got installed.
- Check the management marks on the Firestick remote to ensure nobody installed them incorrectly. They often get changed/interchanged by kids or borrowed for some other device and can easily go reinserted in the wrong direction.
- If the batteries got installed correctly, replace them with fresh ones. Ensure you use matching batteries—mixing brands/types is never recommended (potential for leaking, exploding, etc.).
The consequence is likely somewhere else if the remote however doesn’t piece of work. Also, if yous’re using rechargeable batteries, endeavour alkaline ones, as those batteries may no longer concur a charge very well. Rechargeable batteries tend to weaken afterward repeated cycles and go along to practise so until they no longer work effectively. Alkaline is the all-time option. Amazon ships the remotes with their make of element of group i batteries.
Problem 2: Fire Goggle box Remote Not Working on Your CEC-Enabled Idiot box
Pairing Your Firestick Remote to Telly for CEC-Enabled Setups
Remotes that are unpaired from the Firestick won’t operate your TV when using CEC-enabled settings and CEC-enabled TVs. Still, remotes with Infrared (IR) functionality (2nd Gen, 3rd Gen Alexa Vox Remotes) can piece of work with your Goggle box when within line-of-sight, as long every bit you are not using the CEC settings to control your TV. Re-pairing frequently solves the trouble of CEC functionality. Withal, you must also take a CEC-enabled TV and a Wi-Fi network to arrive work. Wi-Fi is required for the remote (2nd Gen. or newer) considering the Burn TV Stick or Cube uses Wi-Fi Direct to communicate with the remote.
In other words, you have the IR pick to control your TV or the CEC-enabled option over a Wi-Fi network. The Firestick and Cube use either Bluetooth or Wi-Fi Directly. CEC can control the TV from not bad distances as long equally it tin can connect to the Wi-Fi network. IR requires line-of-sight to role.
When using CEC, y'all’re non sending the remote’due south point to your Goggle box; you are sending it to the Firestick, which then sends the command signal to the Tv set via its CEC-enabled HDMI plug. 1st Gen. remotes use Bluetooth, while 2nd Gen. and newer typically use Wi-Fi Direct. No programming steps are required to make the remote work on TVs like universal/multi-device remotes. Here’s how to do it.
- Turn the Idiot box on and ensure you connect the Firestick to power.
- Access the Television set’s settings (varies by brand and model), then await for CEC options and enable CEC functionality. This step allows the Firestick to turn the Television receiver on and off.
- Press the
on the Firestick remote to see if it turns your Boob tube on/off. If information technology works, you can stop now. If the remote doesn’t turn the TV on and off, continue to “Footstep 4.”
- Turn on your Television receiver manually or with its remote, and so verify if the Firestick remote is working for the Firestick. If information technology fails, continue to “Step 5.”
- When the remote doesn’t piece of work for the Firestick either, press and concur the
10 seconds; Yous have now cleared/unpaired the Firestick.
- Pair the remote again by pressing the
button for 10 seconds, then test it on the Tv set. Repeat the process a few times if necessary.
If pairing didn’t work, you might need to reset the remote. There are dissimilar resetting commands for each model. Check out how to reset your Firestick remote on Amazon.
Trouble three: Firestick Not Responding to the Remote
Check Your Remote’s Altitude from the Burn down Television receiver Stick
second Gen Firesticks and newer use Bluetooth rather than infrared. The theoretical range is about 30 feet, but the “bodily” distance is generally lower. If y'all have a large living room or are trying to apply your remote from another room, it may not work unless you lot employ Wi-Fi/CEC instead of Bluetooth.
To check whether the distance is the problem, motility the remote closer to the Firestick and ensure no obstructions exist betwixt them. If the remote only works when y'all’re close to the TV, consider using the Firestick extension dongle (unremarkably included) to reposition the device.
Note: The batteries likewise affect the Burn Idiot box remote’s distance capabilities.
Re-Pair the Remote to the Firestick
Just like when your Fire TV Stick remote doesn’t work for your Television receiver, re-pairing it often makes it piece of work for the Firestick again. See the instructions/process above for details.
Problem 4: Remote Incompatibility
How to Confirm Your Firestick Remote’s Compatibility
Have y'all replaced your old Firestick remote with a new one recently? If the new one isn’t compatible with your Fire TV Stick, it may cause problems.
If your remote isn’t compatible with your Burn TV device, you can use your smartphone as a remote until y'all replace it. Download the Android Fire Television receiver App or the iPhone Burn Television App. Just follow the steps below to employ your smartphone every bit a remote.
- Download the
“Amazon Burn down Tv”
app on your smartphone.
- Turn the TV on by pressing its
push button or using its remote, and so log into your Amazon Fire TV account on your smartphone app.
- Select your Burn down TV device from the app.
- Copy the code that shows on the TV into the app to end the process.
Problem 5: Damaged Remote
Check Your Burn Television receiver Remote for Harm
External damage and internal faults can crusade your remote to stop working. The remote can sometimes become useless whether there is water damage or failed components.
Problem vi: Firestick Remote No Light/Not Working
If your Firestick remote shows no light, attempt unplugging the Fire TV stick from the back of your device and wait
xx seconds. Plug it dorsum in to see if the issue got resolved. Usually, the lack of communication with
the Firestick often stops the remote from lighting up, assuming the batteries are working correctly.
Pair Fire Telly Stick Remote to TV to Fix The ‘No Lite’ Result
If unplugging and reconnecting the Firestick didn’t aid, maybe your Firestick remote isn’t paired to the Tv. Following the steps below.
- Ability upward your Fire TV Stick using the remote.
- Get the remote close to the Television and press the
10 seconds. Y'all have at present unpaired the Firestick.
- Press the
to pair information technology over again. Repeat the procedure a few times if necessary.
If the to a higher place steps don’t set up the remote light/LED issue, ensure you’re shut plenty to the TV. Equally previously mentioned, the Firestick remote is as well a Bluetooth device, pregnant it tin only work within a certain distance.
As previously mentioned, the Firestick remote is too a Bluetooth device, significant it can only work inside a sure distance.
Also, don’t forget to cheque if someone installed the batteries correctly. Perhaps they are but running depression on charge and demand to be replaced.
Problem 7: Firestick Remote Not Working with Volume
Many Burn down TV Stick users experience book issues with their remotes. The issue occurs for several reasons. The most common way to set up the trouble is to pair your Firestick remote through the Equipment Control setting past using your smartphone instead.
Manage the Equipment Command Options
settings on your Firestick, you tin apply the
pick to reconnect the remote to your particular TV, which may solve your book control issue.
- Install the
“Amazon Fire TV”
app on your smartphone
- Turn your TV on via its remote or use its power push. Ensure you take set the correct input to brandish the Firestick, then navigate to
“Settings -> Equipment Command.”
- Go to
and then cull
- Navigate to
and choose the type of Tv yous have from the list.
- Press the
“Power” button on your Burn down TV remote to plough the Goggle box off.
x seconds, then press the
button to turn the Television set back on.
Problem 8: Firestick Remote Not Working Afterwards Update
If your Firestick remote stopped working later an update, try the post-obit five methods. If the first one doesn’t piece of work, go through the steps until the event gets resolved.
- Hold the
push on the remote for
x seconds. This action should pair the remote to the TV if it is unpaired.
- Unplug your device from the outlet and endeavour the remote once more.
- Turn the TV off and reset the remote.
- Ensure in that location are no obstructions betwixt the remote and the Telly.
- Replace your batteries and ensure you install them correctly.
If someone or something damaged your remote, the new update might not support working with information technology anymore. If none of the above steps help, consider replacing the remote.
Problem 9: Firestick Remote Non Working After Reset
If your Firestick remote stops working after resetting your Firestick, you lot can endeavour the following methods.
- Restart the Firestick Television receiver. When you get redirected to the remote pairing screen, unplug the Telly from the outlet and reinsert information technology after
x seconds. Pair the remote by pressing the
- Change your batteries. Maybe the batteries are running low, and replacing them could solve the trouble. Just make certain to install them properly. As well, it’southward best to get a brand-new set of batteries if you call up the old ones may be damaged. Equally you lot change the batteries, clean the battery compartment of clay and debris.
- Try another remote. If resetting and removing the batteries didn’t aid, try connecting another remote to your Firestick TV. Y'all can infringe one from a friend or purchase it online. Alternatively, you can use the Burn TV app for iPhone or Android as a remote.
In endmost, not being able to use your Firestick remote is never a pleasant feel. Thankfully, in that location are solutions to everything, and the remote is no exception. The most common solutions include resetting and re-pairing the remote or inserting new batteries. Still, if none of the suggestions from this article work, you may desire to contact Amazon’southward customer service or replace your remote.